Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Uprising . . . it's time!

At what point did we begin to value comfort over obedience? Safety over passion? Rationale over Truth? In an era of political correctness, how did we usher in a sort of spiritual correctness as well? I find myself offended at the effort to be less offensive.

Those of us here in America are fortunate to enjoy the freedoms we have, especially on the area of faith. Sure, as followers of Christ, we tend to be ridiculed a bit, but if that’s the worst of it, we can handle it. As long as we’re not making waves, not upsetting the status quo, then we’re pretty much left to worship in whatever manner we choose . . . just don’t disturb anyone else.

I have lived a great deal of my life in this mode. I kept to myself, did my little church gig, and I was safe. I was comfortable. And I was bored out of my mind. I knew there was something more out there, but I wasn’t willing to leave my realm of safety to find it.

As I look more and more closely at the life of Jesus, he wasn’t just this kind, sweet, sensitive guy that spouted wisdom and went on his way. He was confrontational. He was passionate. He railed against injustice. He spoke Truth that people needed to hear rather than give people the sunshine and roses they thought they wanted to hear. He taught his disciples to do the same. And he calls us to do the same.

So what happened? How did we get from there to here? We’ve traded the call of Christ for a safe, comfortable, insignificant life. We’ve forgotten that the Truth is dangerous and revolutionary. We’ve forgotten that Jesus wasn’t always sweet and nice. Jesus provoked radical thought, stirred hearts, and attracted trouble to himself and those that called him friend and Master. So why have we allowed our minds and hearts to grow numb in these days?

It’s time to reignite the revolution! It’s time for the Uprising to begin anew! If you feel, like I do, that we’ve grown too safe, too tame in our faith and our relationship with Christ, then step up, if you dare! Let your one and only life on this globe count for more than looking out for yourself! The gauntlet has been thrown, and it’s your call: do you pick it up and accept the challenge, or will you just let it fall by the wayside, left unanswered? Check out www.theuprising.net if you want to make a difference in this world and impact eternity . . .

No comments: